Health and safety consultants in Ontario can play a critical role in helping employers comply with the changes to the OHSA. With their expertise, they can help employers develop effective health and safety programs, conduct workplace reviews, and address any health and safety concerns that arise. Therefore, it is highly recommended that employers seek the assistance of safety consultants to ensure compliance with the OHSA and protect the health and safety of their employees.
What are the Changes to the OHSA?
The changes to the OHSA were made to improve the health and safety of workers in Ontario.
The changes include:
- Increased Enforcement: The Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development has increased its enforcement efforts. This means that employers who violate the OHSA are more likely to face fines, prosecution, and other penalties.
- Increased Employer Obligations: Employers are now required to take additional steps to protect the health and safety of their employees. For example, employers must now consider the potential risk of workplace violence and harassment when developing their health and safety programs.
- Increased Employee Participation: The changes to the OHSA require employers to involve their employees more in health and safety decision-making processes. Employers must consult with their employees and their representatives when developing health and safety programs and policies.
What Can Employers Do?
To comply with the changes to the OHSA, employers in Ontario must take several steps. Here are some of the key things that employers can do to ensure compliance:
- Develop Effective Health and Safety Programs: Health and safety programs are essential for ensuring compliance with the OHSA. Employers must develop effective health and safety programs that meet the requirements of the OHSA and protect the health and safety of their employees. Safety consultants can help employers develop effective health and safety programs that comply with the OHSA.
- Conduct Regular Workplace Reviews: Regular workplace reviews can help employers identify potential hazards and take corrective action to prevent workplace accidents and injuries. Employers should conduct workplace reviews regularly and document their findings to demonstrate compliance with the OHSA. S.A.F.E Engineering can assist employers in conducting workplace reviews and developing corrective action plans to address identified hazards.
- Maintain Proper Records: Employers must maintain accurate and up-to-date records of workplace accidents, injuries, and illnesses. This information can help employers identify patterns and trends and take corrective action to prevent future incidents.
- Consult with Health and Safety Experts: Employers can benefit greatly from consulting with health and safety experts, such as S.A.F.E Engineering. These experts can provide guidance and support on developing and implementing effective health and safety programs, conducting workplace reviews, and ensuring compliance with the OHSA. By working with health and safety consultants, employers can identify potential hazards and take proactive measures to protect the health and safety of their employees.
Expert OHSA Compliance Assistance with S.A.F.E Engineering
The changes to OHSA are significant, and employers in Ontario need to be aware of how they will be impacted. The new requirements will increase the responsibility of employers to ensure a safe workplace, and failure to comply could result in significant penalties.
If you need assistance in navigating the new OHSA changes, consider working with S.A.F.E Engineering, Inc and our team of occupational health and safety consultants in Ontario. We are committed to helping employers to achieve a safe and healthy workplace through effective health and safety programs. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you meet your health and safety goals.